Our team is looking for a Head of Product Design to help shape the future of Headliner. As the first product or design hire, you will be tasked with everything from leading the vision for new features and products, to nailing down the final details within the product that customers will use. This is a high impact role that will supercharge our ability to achieve both user and business goals.
This is a vital role at Headliner, and we are looking for people that have experience building first in class consumer products, think deeply about product and design, are creative and intellectually curious, and embrace collaborative environments. The ideal candidate practices a user-centric design process has a solid knowledge of usability best practices and possesses superior interactive and visual design skills. This role reports directly to our CEO while working closely with our Heads of Growth and Engineering.
What You’ll Do
- Own full-stack product design process—from blue sky exploration and research to polished UI designs and detailed UX specs.
- Partner with exec team to execute against high-priority goals.
- Collaborate with growth and engineering to rapidly prototype and test new features and product concepts.
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of information architecture, complex user flows, engineering feasibility, and implementation trade-offs.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to discover the problems we need to focus on and to validate how we want to build out the product.
- Help create and craft the company’s visual design language and brand identity.
- Lead by example and bring best practices and design methodologies to the team, helping to build out a design culture within Headliner.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Experience: 3+ years of experience building consumer internet product designs and experiences, preferably marketplace, ecommerce, or social products.
- Experience in user research and user testing, and a data-informed perspective to design.
- Ability to distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions.
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback.
- Understanding of how to create cohesive working relationships between various orgs.
- Ability to present design concepts clearly and effectively to colleagues, stakeholders and executives.
- Understand the technical limitations and liberties behind decisions and have the ability to communicate ideas to our engineers.